A lot of things going on ...
Mandriva support at last !
This update is a big one. And there is more !
LiLi 2.8.5 is adding support for :
- Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" Betas
- Mandriva 2011
- BackTrack 5 R1 KDE/Gnome
- BackBox 2
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 5.0
- OpenSUSE 12.1 Milestone 5 Gnome/KDE
- Gnome 3
- ArchBang 2011.09
- Chakra 2011.09 (CD)
- Vyatta Core 6.3
- VortexBox 1.10
- Bodhi Linux 1.2.0
This is exclusive : Mandriva 2011 is supported with persistence ! I don't think that there is any other Live USB creator with this feature :-D
I also fixed a few bugs with OpenSUSE so now it should work fine on most systems (same for Gnome 3 based on OpenSUSE).
VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 5.0 is working well and you can even virtualize it in VirtualBox !
Please download LiLi again if you have version 2.8.4 installed or some of the new Linux supported will not work.
The other projects
I have been quite busy these last few weeks because I publicly released a few other softwares of mine on a brand new website.
This new website is http://slymsoft.com
It is a collection of free and useful softwares (mostly for geeks) :
- XFER Calculator : a bandwidth/transfer time/data calculator
- PeekMon : a very versatile tool for monitoring your servers
- ESXi Configuration backup : backups all your ESXi Hypervisors configuration files
- iSCSI AutoConf : creates iSCSI configuration on ESXi very easily and following best practices
The last two ones are for VMware vSphere virtualization infrastructures and will only be useful if you are a SAN/Virtualization engineer.
All these tools are free and open-source, just like LinuxLive USB Creator :-D
Feel free to leave a comment below.