New Beta, stable release coming soon
Prepared for Debian 6
I'm proud to announce the immediate availability of LinuxLive USB Creator 2.7 RC1.
So what's new in the second Beta ?
As always, I added support for new Linux distributions. Persistence is now available for Debian 6.X !!!
I had to modify my code in order to support the new Archbang 2011.01.
There are also some new features such as :
- Auto-detection of syslinux 3/4
- Improvement on default mode which should work with almost any Linux distros
- Download folder for Linux ISO can be changed (saving to a NAS is experimental but seems to work)
- Ability to force default mode in options
- New translations : Dutch and Russian
- New splash screen with status
- Improved update system (faster, less queries, secured over HTTPS)
- Better free space calculation
Don't forget to make some feedbacks on this beta. You can download it here.
I also need your help for translations, you will find everything you need to help me in the readme file.
Find below the full changelog since LiLi 2.7 Beta.
Have fun !
- Peppermint OS One 01-04-2011
- Debian Live 6 (Gnome) (with persistence)
- Debian Live 5.0.8 (Gnome/KDE/LXDE/Xfce/Standard)
- Clonezilla Live CD 1.2.6-59
- Puppeee 1.0 (Celeron)
- Puppeee 1.0 (Atom)
- Sabayon 5.5 Gnome & KDE (Needs Testing)
- BackBox 1
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi)
- SMS (Superb Mini Server) Live 1.5.5
- IPFire 2.9 - Core 44
- ArchBang 2011.01 "Symbiosis"
- Chakra 0.3.2 RC
New features and improvements
- MAJOR : Auto-detecting syslinux 3/4 and using the good one
- MAJOR : Persistence for Debian 6.X
- MAJOR : Default mode is little bit clever and more flexible
- MAJOR : Download folder for Linux distros can be set (saving to NAS is experimental but seems to work)
- MAJOR : You can now force LiLi to use default mode or same parameters as any Linux supported (not only the latest versions)
- MAJOR : new translations : Dutch, Russian
- New splash screen with infos
- Created an Install-Only flag for Linux distros without Live mode
- Faster to check for update and to create keys, less web queries and more secured using HTTPS
- Free space calculation is more accurate
- Fixed bugs :
- Trailing zeroes were not trimmed on MBR ID for OpenSUSE
- Forcing default mode was blocking step2
- (Bonus) LiLi MD5 Hasher was compiled for x64 instead of x86
- potential bugs with options menu
- proxy username, password and URL could not be longer than XX caracters
- FS#304 (unwanted name changes) may be fixed using an alternative method (needs confirmation)
- could not click on licence in the options + dead links on contact and license
- GUI can flicker when LiLi is busy
- Mirror checking can display erroneous latencies
- Progress bar not progressing sometimes