enhanced ESXi support and more
Quite a long time since my last update but I have a lot of things going on lately so I'm sorry for that.
This update is adding support for 20 distributions :
- Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" (Unity/KDE/Xfce/LXDE)
- Mythbuntu 11.10
- Edubuntu 11.10 (DVD)
- Fuduntu 14.11
- ESXi 5.0 Enhanced support
- DoudouLinux 1.1
- Clonezilla Live CD 1.2.10-14
- SystemRescueCD 2.3.1
- Sabayon 7 Gnome/KDE/Xfce
- Lightweight Portable Security 1.2.4 (Deluxe)
- Citrix XenServer 6.0.0
- SMS (Superb Mini Server) Live 1.6.2
- IPFire 2.9 - Core 52
- OpenSUSE 12.1 Beta1 (Gnome)
- KNOPPIX 6.7.1
I strongly recommend to download LiLi again and reinstall it for this update because I've made a few changes to the code also.
This is a short changelog :
- Enhanced support for VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0 (more on that one below)
- Complete recode of recognition for Ubuntu variants
- Only netbook users will be able to move the interface using keyboard (this was annoying for other users)
- For some commercial/proprietary systems you will be able to download ISO from website directly (no mirrors)
- A few other minor enhancements/bug fixes
About vSphere ESXi 5.0 support
My main job is as a Virtualization/SAN Engineer so this is why I wanted to have an enhanced support for ESXi hypervisor.
Beginning with vSphere 5, you will be able to select between two install modes at boot : Scripted or Interactive.
Plus, Kickstart file has been updated to offer more options and examples (thanks to William Lam and Tuan Duong)
In a nutshell, LiLi is the perfect tool to install ESXi from USB.
I wish you all a pleasant day full of Linux booting through USB :-)