New year, new everything !
New Update, new Beta, new website and new VirtualBox
First of all (I have to do that one, sorry) I wish you an Happy New Year 2011 !
Done, what's next ?
I hope you've already noticed that one : LiLi has a fresh new website with some great features :
- Eye-candy design
- New menu, with just what you need. A lot less confusing than the old one
- Blog/news section with Facebook/Twitter authentication for comments
- Ready for social networks (Follow at the top, Like/Tweet on download page, bookmarks at the bottom)
- Linux support section will be greatly enhanced in few monthes
- new content, new structure ...
The latest stable version (2.6) has been updated to 2.6.9. Now supports :
- Debian Live 5.0.7 Gnome/KDE/LXDE/Xfce/Standard
- Aptosid 2010-03 "Apate" Xfce /KDE Lite
- PCLinuxOS 2010.12 KDE/Gnome/LXDE/E-17/Xfce
- Parted Magic 5.8
- SystemRescueCD 2.0.0
- KNOPPIX 6.4.3
- Ultimate Edition 2.8
- Tiny Core (any version)
Read the Supported Linux page for details.
There's more. I released a new Beta version (2.7 Beta). This Beta is supporting a bunch of new Linux Distributions :
- XBMC Live 10.0 "Dharma" (with persistence)
- Mint Debian 2011-01 Gnome DVD (with persistence)
- CrunchBang 10 "Statler" Xfce/OpenBox (with persistence)
- DouDou Linux 2010-11 (with persistence)
Obviously this beta also have a bunch of new features such as an improved management of VirtualBox update/caching/downloading, using HTTPS for stats, new crash reporter with comments and a lot of fixed bugs.
Last but not least, Portable-VirtualBox has been updated to the latest version 4.0 ! This new portable pack contains a lot of new fixes and improvements. It should be faster to start and stop. Please not that this pack will not run if you have VirtualBox 3.X or older installed on your machine. Please update it or uninstall it before.
If you want to try Portable-VirtualBox 4.0, use LiLi 2.6 Beta.
Enjoy this new year !